I’m going to try something out.. Going to take one of those Kraft macaroni and cheese box mix and kick it up a notch. I saw this lobster Mac ‘n Cheese recipe that I wanted to make on Steamy Kitchen but I don’t have any.. well some of the ingredients to make the lobster mac ‘n cheese from scratch.. Sooooo… most of the ingredients have been substitute for something else.. Check out Steamy Kitchen for the full recipe on how to make it.
Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese (adapted from Steamy Kitchen)
For the Macaroni
- 1 Kraft Macaroni and Cheese box plus ingredients state on box
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- pinch of ground black pepper
For the Lobster:
- 1/6 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 8 oz lobster meat (I used imitation)
- 1-1/2 tbsp. grated Parmesan
For the Macaroni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil macaroni as directed on the package. Drain well once cooked
- With a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt the butter and add flour little at a time. Whisking constantly for 3 minutes to make a roux. Add milk, a little at time, whisking to combine. Cook 3 minutes until sauce has thickened. Turn off heat. Add cheddar mix, salt, cinnamon, cayenne and pepper. Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add cooked pasta to pan, stir to combine. Set aside
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp butter. Once butter melts, turn off heat and add lobster meat, Parmesan and panko bread crumbs. Toss to combine.
- In a baking dish add the macaroni then the lobster on top of it. Set your oven rack to top 1/3 of oven, turn to broil for 6-8 minutes. Lobster should be cooked through and a nice cheeesy crunchy crust will form.
I’m going to try this recipe out and see how it taste. I’ll change the recipe if I adjusted something.